Coolshirt Pro Cool R Refridgeration System
SKU code: CST-PRC-R
CoolShirt Systems, Pro Cool R Micro Vapor-Cycle Refrigeration System
1) Liquid flows through the shirt at approximately 1.5 Lpm
2) 455 Watts maximum cooling. (1552.5 BTU/h)
3) Operates in ambient temperatures as high as 130 degrees F (54.4 C).
•Placing the unit in an area with the lowest possible ambient temperature will help the unit perform at optimal levels.
•Placing the unit in a very small unventilated space can create a false high ambient condition that will reduce the performance of the unit.
4) Features a high performance micro-compressor designed to military standards. Operates in high vibration environments and in vehicles pulling multiple G forces.
5) Two (2) water pumps
•One Pump is dedicated to circulating water through the chiller assembly and tank.
•The second pump is dedicated to the CoolShirt.
•Both pumps turn on when the switch on the remote is moved to the ON position.
Remote Controller: Simple and easy-to-use control switch positions –ON/OFF, 100% 50% or 0% cooling. Controller connected to the main cooling unit via an 8’ cable
1) Will not run without water in the tank.
2) Pump to shirt cuts off if the hose is disconnected or kinked, but the unit continues to run and cool water in the tank.
3) Low temperature compressor cut off to prevent freeze damage to the HX. Stops cooling at 37 degrees, but the pumps continue to circulate water through the tank & shirt. Compressor restarts when water temperature goes up.
•Low temperature cut off will probably only come into play during pre-race cool down and desktop demonstrations. It is unlikely it will hit 37 degrees in race conditions.
4) Mounting brackets on the main unit feature four (4) ¼’ rods that run through the unit to keep it secured to the mounting tabs in the event of an incident on the race track.
5) When the compressor starts or restarts, there is a safety delay in the operation of the condensing fan; this ensures that all available power goes to the compressor for the 500 millisecond spike in the power draw.
1) Lightweight – Approximately 18 pounds; housing made of carbon fiber/brushed aluminum.
2) Size of main cooling unit: Length: 18” (457.2mm) Width: 9” (228.6mm) Height: 9” (228.6mm)
3) Operates on 11 to 15 volts DC
4) Power consumption at 100% heat load is 22.5 amps at 12V DC (270 watts). At start-up, the unit draws 25 amps for 500 milliseconds.
5) Four mounting tabs on the main unit and two (2) on the remote.
6) Automotive-grade wire connectors for incoming power and from the remote to the main unit.
1) Using the supplied wiring, connect the unit to a fused (30 amp) 12 volt DC power source.
2) Secure the remote with reach of the driver using the two (2) mounting brackets.
3) Secure the main unit in a ventilated area using the four (4) mounting brackets. Allow as much clear space as possible for the ventilated side panels and the exhaust fan.
4) Fill the water tank with distilled water. Or, fill with a non-flammable mixture of 75% distilled water and 25% isopropyl alcohol which will greatly reduce the risk of damage to the water system.
5) After the hose is connected and the air is purged out of the shirt, then the water tank should be topped off again.